Don't worry about caching covers server-side, you can hotlink to our thumbnails.
When showing the lyric, don't forget to mention where it's from, like providing a link to the site, the artist page, or the lyric itself. Thanks!
<status> is OK if lyric is found.
<response> contains the lyric if status is OK. (or error message if status is ERROR)
<year> contains the year it was released. Empty if not found.
<album> contains the release name. Empty if free release or very old lyric
<sources>-><merged> contains all the sources merged to a 'human' format. (e.g. "Anger Management, David Guetta Ft. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over, South Park"). Empty if no source.
<sources>-><source> contains 1 source per <source> tag. So in the example above it would appear 3 times. Empty if no source.
<cover> contains the cover URL. Empty if not found. (150x150px image, ~80% of lyrics comes with it)
<url> contains the lyric URL.
If you don't want the returned data urlencoded, add '&rawutf8=1' to the request.
#1 (Lyric found, no cover)
#2 (Lyric found, includes cover and multiple sources)
#3 (Lyric not found)
Should be simple enough to understand.
If you have any questions or suggestions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or lololyrics.com/contact
It's always fun to see where it's used, here's a few of the programs and sites I'm aware of.
Feel free to let me know if you develop something.
• MLyrics - An addon for the Songbird music player.
• CoverGloobus - Linux program to show cover and lyrics, supports many different music players.
• TheHardClock.com (edit: down) - Website with a new Hardstyle track every day, links to us if we have the lyric.
• Let's Go Zik - Web radio with electronic music like techno, trance, hands up, etc. (Shows link/cover if we have it)
• Tune-Instructor - For macs: "Tune•Instructor expands your iTunes with a multitude of useful features."
• Hardstyletop40.com - Monthly radioshow on Q-Dance radio.
• LSDB.eu - Livesets of all kinds of electronic dance music.
• MusicBee - Music manager and player with support for Lololyrics straight out of the box.